About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Maintenance Op Level 0 to join us to work in Leatherhead.
Shift Pattern: 3 weeks of night shift (20:30 - 05:30), 1 week of day shift (07:00 - 16:00)
Within this interesting and varied role you'll assist in the efficient service delivery of the M25 DBFO Network by undertaking a wide range of hazard clearance, network maintenance and other tasks as required by Line Manager. Full training on specific courses will be provided for the right candidate.
What you'll be doing
As, Maintenance Op Level 0, you will be responsible for the following:-
- Undertaking activities, as instructed, with capabilities to ensure that your area of responsibility is maintained. This will include but not exclusive to:
- cyclical maintenance;
- graffiti removal;
- carriageway repairs;
- soft estate maintenance (e.g. grassland maintenance);
- litter picking;
- sign maintenance;
- boundary fence repairs;
- Any other duties allocated by Line Managers.
- Carriageway repair
- Implementing Chapter 8 compliant Traffic Management in line with CPS policies, method statements, risk assessments and industry standards;
- Providing accurate and legible written and verbal communication in the form of reports and records as required;
- Using mobile communication/data devices to accurately input data for record purposes to form reports and business records as required;
- Undertaking routine vehicle checks and maintain accurate and up to date driving records in line with legislation in accordance with CPS procedures and legislation;
- Taking due care of any CPS property including but not limited to tablets, vehicles and radios;
- Raising awareness of issues which may affect the safe operation of the network and report these as observed;
- Checking that Traffic Management signs, equipment and materials are carried on vehicles in line with current Maintenance checklist and are in working order, restock and record and report defects as appropriate;
- Participating in Winter Service rota as required;
- Attending training courses as required.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are essential:-
- Full UK Drivers Licence;
- Experience working on a live motorway or All Purpose Trunk Road (APTR) network.
The following experience/qualifications are desirable:-
- UK Driving Licence, minimum category C (LGV Class 2);
- Traffic Management experience
- CSCS Operative Card;
- Telehandler training;
- Abrasive Wheel training
- First Aid training;
- Safety Defect Awareness Training;
- Plant/small tools training;
- Appropriate lifting qualification e.g. clam shell;
- Experience of working in a similar traffic / transport / highways / recovery role.
- ROLO Sector Scheme 18;
- Unit 518 (formerly unit 13) Winter Service Operations and unit 580 (formerly unit 80) Snowplough/ V blade;
- Driver Qualification Card;
- Appropriate lifting qualification;
- Vehicle Marshall training;
- 12AB Impact Protection Vehicle Courses (IPV);
- Strimmer training;
- Disc cutter/abrasive wheel training;
- NHSS12A/B 1 Day qualification;
- Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Highways Maintenance;
- NHSS Sector 2 A/B Fencing qualification;
- Successfully pass the Security check as part of recruitment process;
- Successfully pass the annual driving license check;
- Successfully pass pre employment Drug & Alcohol test and further test upon request;
- Successfully pass the Companys health screening programme;
- Ability to understand and follow Health & Safety briefings and instructions and contribute to Zero Harm;
- Physically able to deploy traffic management (e.g. placing and lifting cones and signage).
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.