About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager to join our Major Projects team to work in Watford.
To deliver Equality Diversity & Inclusion outputs that meet and exceed HS2 objectives, delivering client satisfaction and a lasting legacy for HS2, our industry and communities.
What you'll be doing
As an Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Develop, communicate and manage an EDI strategy and implementation plan that incorporates workforce and supplier diversity.
- Create and communicate project specific policies and procedures where required to support strategy.
- Establish an EDI training plan for Old Oak Common, including our supply chain partners and key suppliers.
- Achieve an externally verified EDI Standard.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Experience of implementing an EDI strategy which includes workforce and supply chain diversity.
- CIPD level 5 (or equivalent).
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion.
- Has exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.