About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join us to work in South Mimms.
Co-ordination of teams to ensure timely delivery of schemes to programme & budget and delivery of the portfolio of schemes to the satisfaction of the Client.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Project Manager, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- To operate in the capacity of the Portfolio Manager in their absence;
- Portfolio income and cost profiles, overseeing and challenging the Project Managers input;
- Client liaison on a project and portfolio level;
- Project change control and reviewing processes and procedure;
- Review submissions and reviewing processes and procedure.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
- Experience in the delivery of highways construction & maintenance operations or similar transferable experience;
- Project Management skills, preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc;
- Preference of minimum HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a civil engineering or other construction based discipline;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of other design areas;
- Understanding of Environmental requirements of schemes.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.