About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join us to work in South Mimms.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Assistant Financial Controller in the provision of an efficient and effective accounts function within Connect Plus Services (CPS) by performing the specific tasks detailed below.
What you'll be doing
As a Finance Assistant, your main responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Management of Accounts Payables systems of CPS including: Invoice Matching, Unmatched report/releases/payments, PNPOs (Payments No Purchase Orders), Liaising in respect of purchase orders, invoice related queries, coding, checking authorisation;
- Balance sheet reconciliations for accounts payables;
- Provide visual management reporting on accounts payable;
- Ensure that holiday and sickness cover is provided for other members of the finance team for example weekly operative timesheet input;
- Carry out any other relevant duties as required within the department, or as required by line manager.
Who we're looking for
The following experience/qualifications are required:-
- AAT qualified or willing to study;
- Previous experience in finance performing duties defined above, or similar;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with line manager, senior management, shared service centre, other staff, and third parties;
- Ability to build effective and efficient relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.