About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Commercial Manager to join our Highways team to work in Leatherhead.
- To support and manage the development and implementation of a strategy to increase the commercial performance of their allocated section of the business against agreed targets. To lead not only all the commercial function, but also all processes relating to the commercial function.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Ensure that the commercial performance of all projects is monitored and reported accurately, and business objectives are achieved;
- Protect CPS commercial position at all times, including evaluation, avoidance and / or mitigation of any potential commercial risks for the business stream;
- Manage and lead the Commercial / Surveying function, ensuring correct operation of the Companys processes;
- Represent CPS contract negotiations and meetings, ensuring that favourable terms and outcomes are obtained;
- Maintain good working relationships with other stakeholders, and be a key member of the business stream management team.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following experience:
- You will have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB ,inst CES or ICE is desirable;
- You will hold a valid CSCS card;
- Evidence of recent management/leadership development is required.
- Significant commercial and management experience within the highways industry. A strong understanding of technical l issues is preferred.
- Proven track record of depth of experience in given field of commercial management.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Our Highways Business Unit maintain, manage and operate major highway networks across the UK and support local authorities creating communities where people want to live, work and play.
We provide high quality asset strategy, management and planning consultancy services to a wide range of public and private sector customers. We also provide specialist, reliable, sustainable and creative advice for asset management planning and implementation in the UK.
We create safe, flexible and dynamic public spaces. We are right at the heart of a vital place-shaping agenda that brings together local authorities, local communities, central government and the private sector.
The essential work is to keep daily life moving!
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.