About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to lead the change and procurement teams from our South Mimms or Dartford office. Our change team is responsible for the maintenance costs of new assets to the M25 network and procurement is responsible for all head office work packages.
This is a client facing role which uses bespoke contracts with 12 commercial staff across both functions. We are looking for a senior with strong contractual and client negotiation experience as well as someone who can lead a similar sized team.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will:
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Implement a project level Commercial Delivery Plan
- Develop and implement a strategy by which conflict can be avoided or best managed
- Prepare and deliver a Contract Awareness briefing to the project team including new starters.
- Ensure compliance with and correct administration of the contract terms and conditions
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
- Support the delivery of the businesses Sustainability activities
Who we're looking for
Who we are looking for:
- You will have appropriate qualifications, and professional membership of the RICS, CIOB ,inst CES or ICE is desirable;
- Experience of bespoke contracts ideally within highways or civils
- Strong negotiation skills
- Evidence of recent management/leadership development is required
- Proven track record of depth of experience in given field of commercial management
- A valid CSCS card
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.