About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are looking for an ASSISTANT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT to join us to work in Enfield.
The main purpose of this role is to assist the Financial Controller in the management of the Finance function and to work with the managers of a number of operational cost centres to support them in the preparation of budgets and forecasts, and the interpretation of monthly reporting for their cost centre.
What you'll be doing
As an ASSISTANT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT, you will have the following accountabilities:
- Work with various cost centre managers (to be agreed) to understand the financial performance of their respective cost centres and produce variance analysis;
- Build strong working relationships with these operational managers, assisting them in the preparation of budgets and forecasts;
- Produce Management Accounts and other reporting for these cost centres, ensuring that relevant issues are identified and tackled.
Who we're looking for
You will have the following qualities and experience:
- Experience in producing Finance reports and accounts, and working closely with senior managers;
- Good team management skills and have experience of working collaboratively within a team to achieve objectives;
- A service outlook to how Finance operates within the business.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.